Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Connection Reflection


My sweet love, you found me
We hid in one space

No pondering this gift
I recognized your face

Never had I felt, a deep happy like this
From doubt and despair to mind-blowing bliss

Our visions and dreams, we shared them as one
A bond that I trusted could not be undone

Like, you be the sky and I'll be the sun?

Breathed life in my soul
Flowing like water; out of control

I felt you, you felt me...warm. electric. alive.
The romantic inside, began to revive

"Wow, how much I love you," you naturally say
I close my eyes, laughing. "Yeah, I feel the same way"

Our eyes finally meet...oh the look on your face
I knew in that moment; I was in the right place

But, wait...something changed
"Oh, I'm acting strange???"

Don't do this, don't start
You're breaking my heart

I know love is scary and hard to digest
But remember our truth; this is only a test

We fight and I cry
You're so scared that you lie

You blame me, I take it
"I was crazy, I admit"

My chest broken open; nothing left to say
Faced with my shadow, in the middle of the day

I've realized some things as time has passed by
I will not carry guilt just to appease this big lie

Your fear of receiving; it stunted our growth
The ego, the poison; death to us both.

I still feel your presence and I see you for YOU
You will always be inside me....

What more can I do?

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful and powerful. Thank you for sharing so openly how being vulnerable is OK.

    Love is scary. But, if we build walls and don't allow ourselves to be open to share it and receive it we will never experience anything real and pure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I decided that the subject of my next blog entry will be vulnerability. thanks for the inspiration, Angel <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this special poem with us. It goes very deep within my mind and soul as well. I've been through divorce once in the past and reading this poem reminds me of how my life at that time unfolded. Strong words Ms. Belle! So happy to know you! Thanks again for sharing a part of your life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This wasn't inspired by my divorce (at all) haha, but so glad that you could relate. I appreciate your kind words as always. ☺️thank u.

    ReplyDelete